The Nuclear AMRC has helped thousands of companies to achieve their goals through manufacturing innovation and supplier development.
Over the past four years, we have worked with more than 3,300 businesses, including many SMEs, to help them to become more competitive. We have helped companies win billions of pounds of new business, and create or safeguard thousands of jobs.
You can discover some of our recent success stories below. Each case study opens as a downloadable pdf.
- Cavendish collaboration proves automated weld inspection
- EPRI collaboration slashes welding time for SMR pressure vessels
- Smart sensors for long-term waste storage at Sellafield
- Intelligent robots tackle the hard grind for Ensa
- Insphere collaboration brings innovation to market
- Small heat exchangers present big welding challenge for Thornhill
- Flawed weld collaboration with Sonaspection
- Milling cycle time slashed for Sheffield Forgemasters
- Virtual glovebox offers a helping hand for Sellafield
- Assembly time halved for Rolls-Royce
Supply chain development
- CMP sprints for green energy opportunities
- Gadcap gets fit to build on its nuclear history
- Brown & Holmes takes hold of nuclear opportunities
- Cementation Skanska on track for nuclear fabrication
- Hutchinson targets new opportunities in nuclear
- Heatsense hurdles barriers to entry
- A&P Falmouth sets course for new markets in nuclear
- R-Tech proves its mettle
- Nuclear lift for SCX Special Projects
- Syspal prepares for decommissioning opportunities
For more case studies on companies completing our Fit For Nuclear programme, see the directory of F4N companies.
For the latest news on how we’re helping UK manufacturers win work in civil nuclear and other innovative energy sectors, see our quarterly newsletter.